“Akihabara is considered by many to be an otaku cultural center and a shopping district for computer goods, video games, anime, and manga.” (source)
As you requested, we listed our 10 recommended activities when in Akihabara!
- Visit a maid cafe (Our recommendations: Maidreamin or Popopure! Check out our Popopure Maid Cafe feature here.
- Buy electronics from Yodobashi Camera (duty free!)
- Buy interesting / unique stuff (souvenirs) from Donki / Don Quijote Akihabara.
- Visit Gundam Cafe.
- Visit AKB48 Cafe and Shop.
- Visit Tokyo Anime Center (and fangirl over life-sized anime statues)!
- Buy toys and figures from Mandarake.
- Hoard gachapons from Akihabara Gachapon Kaikan.
- Visit Kanda Myojin Shrine – world’s geekiest temple (source)
- Shop at Cospa Gee Store Akihabara!
There are so many other things an otaku-at-heart can do in Akihabara, so if you can recommend more activities, please comment away! ^3^