10 Things to do When in Saitama
Saitama, one of Japan’s 47 prefectures, is just north of Tokyo. Here are some of the activities you can do while in Saitama:
- Try on a yukata / kimono at “Little Edo” Kawagoe
- Attend Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival (End of March – mid May)
- Visit the Hikawa Shrine at Omiya
- Visit The Railway Museum
- Visit the Omiya Bonsai Art Museum
- Have a relaxing time at Yugo Tamagawa Onsen
- Learn Japanese cooking / wagashi from www.MimiClaire.com (located at Urawa, Saitama)
- Shop for Saitama souvenirs in SOPIA
- Witness the beautiful Icicles of Misotsuchi located at Chichibu City (middle of January until middle of Feb) – www.justinjapan.com/travel/icicles-of-misotsuchi
- Visit the Soy Sauce Museum (Soy Sauce Kingdom) and try the soy sauce ice cream!
What other activities would you suggest? Let us know in the comments section!
List compiled/researched by Kaila / Rainbowholic
Illustration by ChiChi / Little Miss Paintbrush
For more info about Saitama, visit the prefecture’s official website here: www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/site/english-top/