Today’s かっこいい lesson is about kanzashi (簪), hair ornaments used in traditional Japanese hairstyles.
- Bira-bira – composed of dangling, tinkling metal strips and/or long chains of silk flowers.
- Kogai – an ornament made up of a “sword and a sheath”, usually sold as a set with:
- Kushi (comb kanzashi) comb hair ornament with delicate decorations.
- Tama – Ball style kanzashi, with prongs to stick on the hairstyle.
- Kanoko Dome -heavily decorated dome-like hair ornament usually place towards the top-back of the traditional hairstyle.
- Ōgi – fan-shaped, fancily decorated kanzashi, with dangling aluminum strips.
- Tsumami Kanzashi – Literally, ‘folded fabric hair ornament’, usually shaped as flowers (hana kanzashi).
[phpbay keywords=”geisha kanzashi” num=”100″ siteid=”1″ sortorder=”BestMatch” templatename=”columns” columns=”3″ itemsperpage=”20″ paging=”true”]