Saitama, one of Japan’s 47 prefectures, is just north of Tokyo.
Here are some of the activities you can do while in Saitama:
1. Try on a yukata / kimono at “Little Edo” Kawagoe
2. Attend Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival (End of March – mid May)
3. Visit the Hikawa Shrine at Omiya
4. Visit The Railway Museum
5. Visit the Omiya Bonsai Art Museum
6. Have a relaxing time at Yugo Tamagawa Onsen
7. Learn Japanese cooking / wagashi from www.MimiClaire.com (located at Urawa, Saitama)
8. Shop for Saitama souvenirs in SOPIA
9. Witness the beautiful Icicles of Misotsuchi located at Chichibu City (middle of January until middle of Feb) – www.justinjapan.com/travel/icicles-of-misotsuchi
10. Visit the Soy Sauce Museum (Soy Sauce Kingdom) and try the soy sauce ice cream!
What other activities would you suggest? Let us know in the comments section!
For more info about Saitama, visit the prefecture’s official website here: www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/site/english-top/