Giving away this souvenir jacket on our JLM-store instagram account soon. Who's joining?
Tsuyu (rainy) season is one of the least favorite seasons in Japan, but we listed 10 reasons you shouldn't let this seemingly gloomy weather stop you from enjoying your trip! <3
☔ 10 things to do in Japan during Tsuyu Season ☔
1. View ajisai (hydrangea) ~ There are lots of hydrangea parks and gardens in Japan!
2. Experience onsen
3. Make teru teru bouzo, or "shine shine monk"
4. Buy cute rain gear! Tip: Stock up on clean wipes as well, since the weather can get humid and sticky! >3<
5. Take pictures of cute little snails~ they're everywhere during tsuyu season!
6. Attend hotaru matsuri (firefly festivals).
7. Drink tea
8. Visit Mount Koya, the rain mist and cool fog makes the place look so magical!
9. Enjoy plum treats: Tsuyu means "plum rain", because plums ripen during this season. Try seasonal plum specialties like pickled plums and candied plums!
10. Ride the Hakone train, and treat yourself to a train route filled with hydrangea! <3
Enjoy the rain! <3
Artwork by: Little Miss Paintbrush / @chichilittle
List researched by: Kaye / @dollykaye
Copyright © 2016 Chichi Romero / Little Miss Paintbrush / Japan Lover Me. All rights reserved.