On the 5th day of the 5th month, Kodomo no Hi is celebrated in Japan!
"It is a day set aside to respect children's personalities and to celebrate their happiness." -https://goo.gl/eoobxz
Happy Children's Day!
✨ 10 Things to do in Hiroshima ✨
1. Visit Miyajima island (and the Itsukushima Shrine)
2. Eat Momiji Manju - sweet bean paste-filled maple-leaf-shaped cake~ A yummy delicacy that is famous as a souvenir as well!
3. Pet deer around Miyajima
4. Visit the Hiroshima Memorial Museum
5. Visit Okunoshima / Rabbit Island
Eat Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki
6. Eat Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki
7. Visit Hiroshima Memorial Peace Park
8. Visit Shukkei-en, is a historic Japanese garden
9. Visit the Hiroshima Pokémon Center
10. Visit Mitaki Dera Temple
Artwork by: Chichi / Little Miss Paintbrush
List compiled from suggestions and tips from JapanLovers:
ash.lei.g.h, sophmatters, mariin23, carlottanaya, nicolegual, nadegeross, myworldbyemma, japan.kawaii.club, bunenen, travelling.mochi, lilianamtz88, minnior, surjadia, _liz.pagels_, sockermamma, borderlinesunshine, fayeemilyharris, valeuacompra, carlycarbonate, the_japalian, inejka, junkfood_vegan, ochadrop, hannnneb, me.estela, ktrinaco, d.3.5.1, jmejia76, norma_g, ghibilibi, yohkotheyahourt,
Robert Tito Monzon
Georgina Borell Cuenca
If you have anything to add to the list, please comment away! :)