Hanayashiki was opened as a flower park in 1853, when Commodore of the US Navy Matthew Calbraith Perry visited our country in the late Edo era. Nowadays, Hanayashiki is operating as an amusement park where it is overflowing with 20 kinds of attractions and lunchrooms. Shops in the park also have a wide range of souvenirs, like park original goods! (source: official website)
For more info about the park, check out their official website at:
Did you know….
- Hanayashiki originally opened as a “flower park” in 1853 – when Perry arrived in Uraga with his black ships! This was at the end of the Edo era.
In addition to the play equipment that was installed in 1872, there were also exotic birds, animals, and western moving pictures that made the facilities popular.
Tiger quintuplets, which are rare in the world, were born in 1923! The first lion in Japan was born in 1931.
The mini train, picture-story shows, mini pool, and the oldest attraction in Hanayashiki, “Surprizing House” were opened in 1949!
Photos by Kaila Ocampo